Monday, November 13, 2006

Pre-writing

It is about five in the morning and I'm gearing up for another day of writing for my cients, my little treat is that when I'm done with work, I get to work on my own novel which is one of my main passions.
So one of the ways I get started in the morning is by doing a little pre-writing. It helps loosen the gray matter and gets the mind and body cranking up to get ready to do some serious word play for the rest of the day.
I do this through writing on my blog, or writing in my journal. Journaling is a great way to do the pre-writing since you shouldn't be worried about the content or the grammatical errors, it is just a place to get some ideas done. I highly recommend it to get the fires burning first thing in the morning.
For some it might sound tedious, but it is a great mind stretcher to get prepared for writing for the day. I know, I usually writing about ten hours a day.
Let me know if you have your own ideas of how to get prepared for writing for the day through your own pre-writing ritual.

No comments: