Friday, November 09, 2007

For Plots, think about what the bad guy would do.

If you'r stuck somewhere in the middle of your book and you don't know where to go. Or if you are looking to beef up your word count as we get into the middle of NaNo, you can try this for figuring out where to go with your sub plots and developing your sub plots.
In addition, I use this to figure out the main plot line of my story.
I start with the motivations of my bad guy and figure out why he does what he does and what he hopes to gain. Then I go about figuring out how he would accomplish what he wants to achieve.
This is a great way to 1. Figure out your subplots by taking the angle of the antagonist and 2. You can use this to figure out what you're antagonist is going to do and then reverse this so that you now know what your protagonist has to do.
It's worked for me and hopefully it will work for you.
If you don't understand this, or want to me to expand on this shoot me an email at www.popwebcity@hotmail.com.
I will try to respond to everyone just after I get my 1,667 words in for the day.

No comments: