Monday, December 18, 2006

The Life Of A Writer

The life of the writer can seem like a very easy going lifestyle, and to some degree it is. I am going to talk about the easier side of the life of a writer in this post. I think that in the next post it should be the harder aspects to the life of the writer.
So for starters, there is getting up when you want to and going to be when you want too. Although I don't recommend doing this, you are your own boss, technically speaking, and you can go to be whenever you want.
The second great thing to the life of the writer is that the uniform is often very casual. I prefer to work in my pajamas as I normally get up first thing and start writing every morning. Quite often this is the cliche of writers, and many don't admit to doing this or actually don't. I see like this-if you are fortunate enought to work from home, why bother with the khakis and button down shirt? Go for broke-bust out the p.j.'s. You deserve it and it makes the whole writing process better when you can be comfortable in lounge wear.
The life of the writer lends to an extremely different lifestyle. Most people won't relate to how you are able to work, and keep working from home, however it is the mark of a professional that they can get pages written and copy out the door.
The life of a writer has its many perks and those are only limited by the ways that people like to spend their time and still be able to get the work done.
If you have specific questions you want answered about the life of a writer, please leave a comment and I will get back to you. Or leave your e-mail and I will write you back. I do know when I was struggling to become a published author, I was always curious about what made the pro writer tick and what they did to become successful-like what sort of breakfast they had.
Okay maybe not that weird, but you get the point.
The life of the writer-can't be beat.

No comments: