Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Writing the first draft

When writing the first draft, I like to let all the words just flow out. I even let the majority of the ideas flow out as well. Even though I have an outline that I am loosely following, I will still go with any idea that seems to have a relevant direction given what I know about the book so far.
So with that in mind, writing the first draft is probably one of the most enjoyable parts of the whole writing process for me. It is when my creativity gets to run wild and I can do almost whatever I want without having the evil internal editor coming after me and trying to clean up all of my ideas that don't seem to be working. You never know, that one idea that you start traveling down could be the one that leads to your new career.
Happy writing everyone.

No comments: