Saturday, December 02, 2006

Writing Motivation

I've noticed that from time to time when I was starting out writing that my writing motivation would drop. Usually this was due to writing a part of the book that wasn't thrilling me at the moment. Another reason was a I was stuck on a part of the novel and wasn't sure where to go with it.
My writing motivation was to get online and read interviews with successful authors. Writers wh had made it already. I leaned towards writers who I had read and were in the same genre of writing as me, but that wasn't always the case. I just wanted to read about authors and what they liked to each while writing, the schedule they kept while writing, the list goes on.
Learning about these authors was my writing motivation. Often, I would read one or two interviews and that was all the writing motivation that I needed and I would get back to work.
It really helped keep the fires burning for me when I wasn't getting paid for my writing.
I highly suggest that you find your writing motivation. Maybe it will be reading about successful authors too.

No comments: